Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    summerfeeling
    Participant

Hello,

How can I allow additional rights that are not available as an option in the selection? In my case it is about the “Divi Theme Options” from manufacturer Elegantthemes. A 404 error is triggered for the selected user role.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Give me more details about what do you try to achieve. Screenshots will be very helpful.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Hello, I would like to take up the topic again. I had not received a notification at the time that an answer came and just remembered that I had already posted.
    Divi is a premium theme by Elegantthemes. If I want to give a user role permissions on the theme, I get the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /wp-admin/et_divi_options was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The links or the areas are the following, which I would like to share:
    …/wp-admin/admin.php?page=et_divi_options
    …/wp-admin/customize.php?et_customizer_option_set=theme
    …/wp-admin/customize.php?et_customizer_option_set=module
    …/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=et_pb_layout
    …/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wtfdivi_settings

This is what WP Admin looks like:
    http://prntscr.com/gof6u2

Interestingly, the Divi Theme also has user rights for various user roles. But for this user group everything is active.

How can I do this with the User Role Editor that the user roles I created can access it?

I thank you for the attention and thank you in advance for the reply.

Best regards

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

These user capabilities are required by Divi in order role can work with menu items under the ‘Divi’ menu:
    edit_posts
    edit_theme_options
    export
    manage_categories
    manage_options
    read
    switch_themes

I tested with Divi verison 3.0.47.

summerfeeling
    Participant

I’m ashamed that I’m only reacting now. Your help has worked wonderfully. Many many thanks. (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks for the feedback.

summerfeeling
    Participant

I must now reopen the topic. Since one of the last updates these settings don’t work anymore. I can open the visual editor in the frontend, but I don’t see an editor in the backend anymore. Where do I get the thinking error?

Many greetings,
    Levent

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Re-check if needed option is enabled for a role inside Divi’s internal Role Editor.

If it will not help, can you share the latest version of Divi?

summerfeeling
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

in the Divi settings for the user roles I have actually already checked before. All permissions are active. Where can I send you the current version? (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Upload a .zip to DropBox, Google Drive or similar service and send the link to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

summerfeeling
    Participant

Mail just left. Thank you very much for your help. (:

Vladimir
    Keymaster

My test showed that user with custom role, which includes just ‘edit_posts’, ‘publish_posts’, ‘edit_published_posts’ sees and can use “Use the Divi Builder” button at the back-end post editor page.

Divi builder uses JavaScript intensively. I suppose that some JavaScript error may take place in the post editor page. Look at the browser JavaScript console for the critical red colored error messages.

summerfeeling
    Participant

Hello,

thank you for your support. I get this displayed in the console:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
    post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
        at e.value (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at new e (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at t.value (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at t.value (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at new u (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (post-metabox.js?ver=1.0.28.1:1)
        at i (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.2:2)
        at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.2:2)
        at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.2:2)
        at HTMLDocument.J (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-position,moxiejs,plupload&ver=5.2.2:2)

It’s interesting that this only happens with this user role. Can you do anything with it?

Many greetings

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Did you block any post meta boxes for this role? If Yes, try to remove blocking and make another test. If that will help you can play with meta boxes one by one to isolate which meta box blocking causes this JS error.

summerfeeling
    Participant

That was actually a good keyword and I’m annoyed that I didn’t come up with it on my own.
    I swapped Yoast for Rankmath. Rankmath has its own role system. That was deactivated. But I activated that and granted this role 2 rights over the Rankmath rights system and now it works again. The devil is sometimes really in the detail. 😉

Many thanks again for the common error search and the great teamwork. (:

Many greetings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.