Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Delete upload files permission

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pablorodriguezf
    Participant

Hi there!

I’ve got an issue, where one user has got the problem that is not able to delete those files which were loaded into WordPress Media Gallery with its user.
    I saw that exists the permission “upload_file”, but not a permission which can be granted to anyone “delete_files” or similar.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
    Pablo.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

In general, user should be capable to edit post to which media file is attached. It it’s true, user can edit this media file (attachment) property and delete it. ‘upload_files’ allows just to add new item to the media library.

If you turn ON the “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities” checkbox at the “Settings->User Role Editor->Additional Modules” tab, then WordPress will check ‘delete_attachments” capability instead of ‘delete_posts’. So you have to look if required capabilities from the “Attachments” group were granted to a role or user.

Some plugin can introduce a problem also. So all plugin temporal deactivation may help to isolate a reason.

pablorodriguezf
    Participant

Thanks so much!
    I got it! 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.