Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports CPT UI taxonomies no longer working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    edering
    Participant

Hi. We have not made any changes to any Roles in a long time, and all of a sudden, any taxonomies we built for Custom Post Types (like for Event Calendar Pro) using the CPT UI plugin are not selectable in a post. They appear, but just grayed out. Do you know what changed? When we disable your plugin, they work. Even when I am logged in as an admin, I still can’t select them, unless I disable URE.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

One of the updates included into the recent version 4.59.2:
    – Option “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities” replaces default capabilities for the custom taxonomies also. It takes the slug of the 1st post type associated with such taxonomy (e.g. ‘video’) and builds own capabilities this way: manage_terms->manage_video_terms, edit_terms->edit_video_terms, delete_terms->delete_video_terms, assign_terms->assign_video_terms. URE automatically adds such capabilities to the ‘administrator’ role. You have to grant these new capabilities to other roles manually.

Filter custom capabilities by word ‘terms’ via ‘Quick Search’ and grant needed capabilities to needed role.

edering
    Participant

If URE automatically adds these new capabilities, why can’t I edit the taxonomies when logged in as an administrator role?

edering
    Participant

Disregard my last post. It is working for Admins. But yesterday it was not and I did not change anything yet so I am confused what fixed it. But I have it working now for the other Roles. Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.