Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Contributors select their own editors?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    APS
    Participant

Hello,

The possibility to limit editors to specific users is very useful, but on a site with many contributors and editors, it creates a lot of work for the webmaster, who must specify the restriction for each individual editor.

Would it be possible for a contributor to select his/her own editor directly on the “Add New Post” page? For example, there could be a drop down list, just like for the “Author” block, with all possible editors, which the contributor would select from. The selected editor would automatically have his editor’s role extended to the user (or post) in question, and if possible be notified by the site.

This would be VERY useful for my site, and I’m interested to know if you think it is technically possible, and whether it would be an extension of URE or a plug-in that would work in partnership.

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible. Thanks for a good suggestion. I will include this feature to my development plan (1-2) months.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.