Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports checking_for_updates pointing to invalid plugin metadata file

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jcolonna
    Participant

I get this error on the update checking code ..

PHP Warning: The URL https://update.role-editor.com?action=get_metadata&slug=user-role-editor-pro&checking_for_updates=1&installed_version=4.59.2 does not point to a valid plugin metadata file. wp_remote_get() returned an unexpected result. in /www/maxmedia/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/plugin-update-checker.php on line 232

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I suppose it was a temporal networking issue. If you try to open this URL in a browser you will get the valid JSON data in response.

jcolonna
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Is there an add_filter, or other hook, that will allow me to turn that update_check function off?

Thank you
    Jon

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

There is no such hook currently. You can just comment the line, which initiates the related code:
    wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php, line # 35 ( // $this->init_updater(); ) :

protected function __construct() {
            $this->lib = URE_Lib_Pro::get_instance('user_role_editor');

add_action('ure_on_activation', array($this, 'execute_once'));
            parent::__construct();                                        

add_action('plugins_loaded', array($this, 'load_addons'));                        
            $this->allow_unfiltered_html(); 

//        $this->init_updater();

}
        // end of __construct()

jcolonna
    Participant

Great. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.