Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Capability to access full media library not showing for user

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    emma313823
    Participant

Hi…I need to allow all editors to access the media library as they will need many things that have been previously uploaded so the items are available for all users as they need them. I have an editor who needs to get to the media library and can’t even see it. Can you please advise what the setting is that will show the media library to the user?

Regards

Emma

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,
    ‘upload_files’ capability protects the “Media” menu and its items. “Editor” role includes it by default. Some plugin may modify this default settings. So if your editor can not access “Media Library”, try to deactivate all plugins and re-check if that helped.

oopgo
    Participant

Hi,
    I gave permission to “staff” role for accessing and managing full media library and The add capability like ‘upload_files’ and ‘unfiltered_upload’ for “Staff” role But User can not access “Full Media Library”. It can only upload media but not show the list of media items.

I did also add below function to our theme function file but it not working.

add_filter('ure_attachments_show_full_list', 'show_attachments_full_list', 10, 1);

function show_attachments_full_list($show_full_list) {
        return true;
    }

How can I fix this please ?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

This filter is useful only if you restricted the list of pages available to the user for the editing.

Check if user really has ‘Staff’ role. Try to deactivate all other plugins and test.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.