Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Can't activate due to Fatal Error

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hanzosrl
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Just published a site from a local environment to production server and i get this error when activating the plugin:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘PluginUpdateChecker’ not found in /*/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php:54 Stack trace: #0 /*/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php(35): User_Role_Editor_Pro->init_updater() #1 /*/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php(18): User_Role_Editor_Pro->__construct() #2 /*/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/user-role-editor-pro.php(53): User_Role_Editor_Pro::get_instance() #3 /*/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1882): include(‘/var/www/vhost/…’) #4 */wp-admin/plugins.php(164): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘user-role-edito…’) #5 {main} thrown in /*/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php on line 54

No problem on the local environment.
    Please help

Thanks,
    Fred.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Fred,

Check that all URE Pro files are copied to the live environment. It seems that some files are missed or have wrong permissions.
    Error message is about class defined at this file: user-role-editor-pro/includes/plugin-update-checker.php

Compare PHP version also. Your live environment can have an older PHP version.

hanzosrl
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

You’re a top man. While i was waiting for your reply i uploaded the plugin folder again and it’s working now. Like you said, there were probably some files missing 😛

Sorry for wasting your time 🙂

Thanks,
    Fred.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.