Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Cannot create new post with restricted category and polylang enabled

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

I have a Multisite setup with two sites and only polylang (two languages)and URE enabled (no other plugin activated).
    I’m trying to restict a role to two categories via the “posts edit” module. The list of posts is restricted as expectet for that role, but when I try to crate a new post, the editor page is blank.
    With polylang disabled is is working without problem.
    Is there an issue with the language assignment to categories and URE?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

At my test I added new post without problem, but can not assign category for translation until extended list of allowed categories by the translation categories ID.

I suppose that your allowed to edit only main language category. Translation for category has own ID. Add needed ID to the list of allowed categories ID.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thank you for the hint, but I alerady had the categories of both languages selected.
    I found out when I tick “Own data only” it works.
    Unfortunately the first category in the new post isn’t preselected, which would be comfortable for the editor not to care about manually selecting a category.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You are right. I will re-check the 1st available category pre-selection, as it worked earlier.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.