Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Can I develop locally and live only with one licence?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jakub78
    Participant

Hi my question is can I develop locally, test your plugin, set up everything, etc and then also use same purchased plugin on live website?
    OR
    Do I need to activate your plugin on live website only – because of the unique licence key?
    I need to know for two reasons.I have a project to work on and would like to start locally.My client does not even know how he wants to call his website at the moment, but we will go live in couple of weeks.
    Will I experience any issue if I active plugin in MAMP development for socialenterprise(for example) and then copy same development folder to a live server later on.
    Mind you that directory name in MAMP and live directory/domain – socialenterprise.co.uk (for example) name will possibly change as my client has not decided on name of his domain.

Thanks for your reply.
    Jakub

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jakub,

You can develop locally with User Role Editor Pro. Just do not input/activate a license key there. URE Pro will provide a full functionality except the automatic update via WordPress.

Jakub78
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,
    thanks a lot, that’s great news.
    I have a one more question and will open another topic for it.

Kind Regards
    Jakub

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.