Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cmorra
    Participant

I have about 100 users that have the subscriber role added as an ‘additional capability/Other Roles’. An example would be like this “New Hire, Subscriber”. The New Hire role is the primary role and Subscriber can be found at the bottom of the Users Single page.

I see how I can bulk ADD a capability.

Is there a way to bulk REMOVE a capability instead of opening each user and removing the subscriber capability?

I’m standing by.

With best regards,

-Carmine

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I suppose that you add roles to multiple users via “Grant Roles” button. Use the same button to revoke role(s) from the list of selected users. Look at the screenshot below.
    Bulk grant/revoke roles

cmorra
    Participant

Vlad,
    I don’t see that working.

If I do as you suggest, to ‘grant’ the subscriber role as primary, the result is that all other roles are removed.

I’m actually looking for the opposite – remove the subscriber role and keep all others.

The challenge is that the users in question have a variety or role combinations. That all needs to stay. The only thing they ALL have in common is the Subscriber role as an additional capability.

any thoughts?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I see. I thought you write about 2 roles only, as at the provided example. The only interactive way via WordPress UI is to process users with the same roles list group by group and grant them new roles list except the older one.

The only alternative – PHP script which will select all users with subscriber role and then revoke ‘subscriber’ role from them one by one.

cmorra
    Participant

That’s what i thought – glad you confirmed it form me.

I’ll just do it manually.

thanks for your assistance.
    Over and Out!

-Carmine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.