Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    raheb9
    Participant

Hello, I am working on a Job Portal wherein, after a candidate logs in, I can disable the ‘post a Job’ page. And if the employer logs in, I can disable the ‘Post a Resume’ page.

I have also purchased the Pro plugin just moments ago but am a bit confused.

My site: jobs.anoc.ae

raheb9
    Participant

Hi, I tried activating & using Content View Restrictions. Set the Action: Prohibit Access for Role: candidate.
    It successfully blocks the page (post a job) for the candidate role. However, even when I log out and act as Public/Viewer, I cannot access the page ‘Post a Job). I also do not see a role as Public in the Roles List. Please advise.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,
    If you set any view restriction for the post, that becomes unavailable for public visitors or not logged in users. In other case a user with role ‘candidate’ may log out and easy post a job as not logged in user.
    I suppose that not logged in users should not have right to send as job, as resume at your site.

raheb9
    Participant

Yes you are right, but my theme functionality is, if you click on Post a job or Add Resume button on home page, it will take you to login page. Any option where we can create a Public/Viewer user role?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In order to have a role, a user should login 1st. Not logged in user can not have any role.
    As home page is available to the public I offer you replace those links for not logged in users with the registration/login links.
    And add a filter for automatic redirection after login to the restricted page according to the assigned role. Like this:

add_filter('login_redirect', 'redirect_user_after_login', 10, 3);
    function redirect_user_after_login($redirect_to, $request, $user) {

if (isset( $user->allcaps ) && is_array( $user->allcaps )) {
            //check for admins
            if (!empty($user->allcaps['administrator'])) {
                // redirect them to the default place
                return $redirect_to;
            } else if (!empty($user->allcaps['candidate'])) {
                $redirect_to = home_url() .'/post-resume';
            } else if (!empty($user->allcaps['employer'])) {
                $redirect_to = home_url() .'/post-job';
            } else {                                                                                            
                return home_url();
            }
        } else {
            return $redirect_to;
        }   
    }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.