Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Author is just allowed to post in one category – but gets "Cheating Uh?" message

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tom.Haubner
    Participant

Dear support,
    I’m trying to set up The pro User Role Editor int he way that The user Role “Author” can just edit and create posts of one category.
    I’ve read this post (https://www.role-editor.com/forums/topic/limit-author-level-users-access-to-specific-post-categories/) and entered the correct Category ID. I also gave all post creation and edit rights to the author.
    When logging in as Author, I can see indeed only posts of that category, so that seems to work. But as soon as I hit “new”, I get the “cheatin’ uh” message … so obviously that’s not allowed.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

I made another test with ‘author’ role and can not repeat a described issue.
    Is it possible to get access to a backup copy of your site (files except wp-content/uploads) and database created with UpdraftPlus plugin?
    If Yes, then share .zip with support [at-sign] role-editor.com via DropBox or similar service.
    I install and test such copies at my local development environment only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.