Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Assign Different Pages to Different custom post type option

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    urbandigitalco
    Participant

Hello,

I have installed Business Directory Plugin and the Business Directory uses custom post types. What I am wanting to do is give different directory options different pages after they have paid.

E.g If you pay for a business listing of $2 you go to one page, If you pay $99 you go to another page.

I have the IDs from the databse jg_wpbdp_plans but how do I do this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

So, you wish to allow paid user to view some page by its ID.
    Use Content View Restrictions add-on.
    Open page 1 for edit and allow view this page only to the role 1.
    Allow view page 2 only to the role 2.

The important step is: assign to a user needed role after payment. You can do it manually with delay to access to a service, or automatically – you need to find appropriate action, executed after payment was finished.

urbandigitalco
    Participant

THank you, ok, may I also ask, in the user role editor section whre it gives you Roles and Capabilities I would like to be able to assign a role to some custom post types that arent showing up in the back end of the plugin but are in the database, can I import these or grant access to different database areas so I can assign users?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It depends from how custom post type (CPT) is defined. WordPress core register_post_type() has ‘show_ui’ parameter. If CTP is defined with show_ui==FALSE then you will not see it, even is you administrator.
    If CPT is viewable by user with enough permissions, then it’s possible to manage who can view them. Look at this article.

Take into account that, some plugins use internal data structure for their records instead of WP custom post types.

urbandigitalco
    Participant

Thank you, is there someone who can take a look for me in my database that I can show. I have purchased the pro version of the plugin and I would love to be able to make it work

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send site URL and admin credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com,
    describe what CPT (menu items) you wish to make visible for your users. I will look if it’s possible to solve your task using URE Pro.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.