Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Always redirected to home page when users try to edit assigned page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    meanrabbit
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to create a way that our manufacturers can be assigned and restricted to editing their own company information page For some reason no matter what permissions I give to user to edit their own page, if they click edit on their assigned page on the frontend they just get redirected to the home page.

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you use WooCommerce, it automatically redirects to the home page all users without “manage_woocommerce” or “edit_posts” capability. There is a workaround for that:

WooCommerce admin bar and dashboard access

meanrabbit
    Participant

Hi

We are not using WooCommerce just a simple wiki site

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Did you restrict this role with URE’s “Admin menu access” add-on? Show me a screenshot with those restrictions then.

meanrabbit
    Participant

I just added the editor role permissions to a user, then gave that user the ability to edit just their page via post id. Pretty simple setup. I am not using any add-ons, just Role Editor Pro.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Does redirection take place if you deactivate User Role Editor Pro? Then some other plugin may cause a problem. Try to deactivate all plugins then activate them back one by one to isolate a reason.

Does redirection take place for other users with this role, but without restriction to edit just one page?
    Do you see “Admin menu” button at User Role Editor Pro toolbar? If “Yes” open it for role, with which use is redirected. There are any blocked menu item there? “Admin menu access” additional module of User Role Editor Pro may cause such redirection.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.