Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ysintos
    Participant

Hello,

I try to restrict categoy editing from a users group and after pressing the “Posts Edit” i get the error
    Ajax failure
    Internal Server Error

View post on imgur.com

The server is working fine in everything else.

Here is the error i get in NGINX log:

2021/10/20 16:57:20 [error] 994#994: *25771 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Unsupported operand types: string + string in /home/demo1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/posts-edit-access-role.php:72
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/ajax-processor.php(95): URE_Posts_Edit_Access_Role::get_html()
    #1 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/ajax-processor.php(248): URE_Pro_Ajax_Processor->get_posts_edit_access_data_for_role()
    #2 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/classes/ajax-processor.php(358): URE_Pro_Ajax_Processor->_dispatch()
    #3 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/pro/includes/classes/user-role-editor-pro.php(298): URE_Ajax_Processor->dispatch()
    #4 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(303): User_Role_Editor_Pro->ure_ajax()
    #5 /home/demo1/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(327): WP_Hook” while reading response header from upstream, client: 78.87.217.54, server: demo1.dev2.uoi.gr, request: “POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://127.0.0.1:8001”, host: “demo1.dev2.uoi.gr”, referrer: “https://demo1.dev2.uoi.gr/wp-admin/users.php?page=users-user-role-editor-pro.php”

Any help with it ?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks a lot for pointing to this bug. It’s a typo. Quick fix: open post-edit-access-role.php file for editing and replace plus ‘+’ character with this the dot: ‘.’
    Correct version of line #72:

return array('result'=>'success', 'message'=>'Posts edit permissions for role:'. $role_id, 'html'=>$html);

I included this fix to the next release.

ysintos
    Participant

What i did was, switch to php 7.4 instead of php 8.0.

TrinWeb
    Participant

We were getting permission rejections when we updated to 8.0.

People would log in and it would push them to the ‘not allowed’ page wihtout an error message. Had to roll back too.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

@TrinWEb,
    Can you give more details with problem under PHP 8.0 – error messages at the server log file after switching WordPress to debug mode, browser JavaScript Developer Tools Consol and/or Network panel error messages?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.