Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DanielKandora
    Participant

Hi there,

I have set in WP User Role that you should not access some menu items. But the user can still access these menu items. It doesn’t work for all others, but Design→ Customizer and Design→Background.

And I also use LearnDash and when I turn on WP user role, a new menu item “Transactions” is created, but it shouldn’t be shown.

How can I fix this?

greeting
    Daniel

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

URE “Admin menu blocking” works with the static admin menu created by plugins in a classic static way. URE saves a copy of the full admin menu available for the ‘administrator’ and then allows to select what to hide from the list of those menu items.

Learndash builds some submenu dynamically in relation of what page/post is selected currently. “Transactions” menu item is between them. It’s protected by ‘manage_options’ user capability:

define( 'LEARNDASH_ADMIN_CAPABILITY_CHECK', 'manage_options' );

Clarify with ‘Design->Customizer”, which you can not hide. Is this menu item created by your custom theme? In this case I need access to the theme source code .zip in order to try repoduce the issue.

DanielKandora
    Participant

Hi there,

I have now deactivated the “manage_options” menu item, now the “Transactions” menu item is no longer displayed, what effects does this function still have, is it possible that some rights are now missing or what controls “manage_options”?

Regarding Design→Customizer:

The customizer is part of every theme, and it’s still displayed even though I turned it off in URE. The menu item “Background” comes from the theme.

How can I securely send you the access data for the staging site here?

Greetings Daniel

Vladimir
    Keymaster

For example, ‘manage_options’ protects the “Settings” admin menu which belongs to WordPress itself. A lot of plugins places its options pages under this menu also.

You may send stage site credentials directly to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

DanielKandora
    Participant

ok, so that doesn’t mean that plugins suddenly stop working or something?

I just sent you the login details.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.