Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports "Admin Menu" gives very few options

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Spectator

I’m trying to control Admin Menus for different roles. It was my primary interest in this plugin.

However, I seem to be running into a problem. When editing the “Admin Menu” for any role, it shows very few of the actual menu items in the list.

What I see for the Admin menu

The list is also very short for other roles and in no way reflects the actual menu items.

I have disabled any plugins that I thought might be interfering, but no changes.

Any thoughts on this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the information.
    Currently plugin caches available WordPress admin back-end menu when you open “User Role Editor” page under user with “Administrator” role. In your case single site “Administrator” has limited access and thus his cached menu is not full. I need to cache admin menu for network superadmin possibly or find another way to get from WordPress the information about full admin menu.
    It seems that I need to run additional tests of “Block admin menu” module against WordPress multisite and make some updates. I will return to you with the new information as I resolve the problem.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

After additional tests I got to conclusion that “Admin menu” button should not be available in User Role Editor called from the Network Admin. WordPress loads fully different menu here with access rights for network super-admin.
    I will apply this fix to the next update.

Until that I recommend you to use “Admin menu” module from the single site admin back-end. You should get the right set of menu items there.

Ryan
    Spectator

Thanks Vladimir,

That does make sense, being limited within the context of the plugin being Network Enabled.

I appreciate your work on this. I have found a work-around for now, but I would certainly like to put your plugin to work in this situation as well.

-Ryan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.