Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Activating User Role Editor Pro breaks my website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    orangesandlime
    Participant

Hi!

I’m getting the following error message when activating the User Role Editor Pro plugin:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/pro/classes/other-roles.php on line 72

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/pro/classes/other-roles.php:72) in /home/redlovec/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1207

and my website doesn’t load.

I have deactivated the plugin for now.

Pleas advise. Thank you!

Nancy

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the information. I will enhance this part of the code and include it to the next update.

It seems that WP_DEBUG constant is set to true at your site. It’s not recommended for the live sites. So 1st workaround is to set it to false at wp-config.php file.
    2nd way is to modify wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/pro/classes/other-roles.php file replacing code phragment at lines 72-89 with this one:

if (is_array($user->roles)) {
                foreach ($user->roles as $role) {
                    if (isset($access_data[$role])) {
                        if (!isset($access_data[$role]['access_model'])) { // for backward compatibility
                            $access_model = 1;   // Use default (block selected) access model
                            $data = $access_data[$role];
                        } else {
                            $access_model = $access_data[$role]['access_model'];
                            $data = $access_data[$role]['data'];
                        }
                        if (empty($blocked['access_model'])) {  
                            $blocked['access_model'] = $access_model;    // take the 1st found role's access model as the main one                    
                        }
                        // take into account data with the same access model only as the 1st one found
                        if ($access_model==$blocked['access_model']) {
                            $blocked['data'] = array_merge($blocked['data'], $data);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

That is insert
    if (is_array($user->roles)) { just before it. And insert closing } just after it.
    I may send a modified file to your e-mail if it’s required.

orangesandlime
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. That did the trick! User Role Editor is working perfectly now.

Cheers,
    Nancy

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.