Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ ACF meta boxes not displaying when editing custom post type

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hangwire
    Participant

Hi, I’ve purchased User Role Editor Pro and am having a hard time getting it to work for my needs. I’m using it with the Real Places property theme which contains a ‘Property’ custom post type. I tweaked the Property custom post type to include meta boxes created using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.

I’ve successfully set up a ‘Property Manager’ role that only allows these users to access the ‘Properties’ link in the Dashboard using the Admin Menu feature in User Role Editor. However, when a user with the ‘Property Manager’ role edits a property they do not see the three Field Groups I created with the ACF plugin. Everything else included in the Property post type displays property, but no ACF fields. I’ve tried everything I can think of, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are those ACF meta boxes available to the admin user?
    Did you check a screen options at the top of a Property editor page?

hangwire
    Participant

I figured it out. Was actually a CSS issue. The ACF panels were hidden beneath other elements as I had them floating in the layout. Sorry for the question. Your plugin in working great!

Kelly

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.