Change WordPress user roles and capabilities › Forums › How to or FAQ › WPML – How to allow edit languages but not options? › Reply To: WPML – How to allow edit languages but not options?
WPML menu is protected by these user capabilities:
– WPML wpml_manage_languages
– Languages wpml_manage_languages
– Theme and plugins localization wpml_manage_theme_and_plugin_localization
– Translation options wpml_manage_translation_options
– Support wpml_manage_support
– WP Menus Sync wpml_manage_wp_menus_sync
– Taxonomy Translation wpml_manage_taxonomy_translation
Remove from user (role) a related user capability to remove menu item from a menu available to him.
I think that a ‘pencil’ (edit language translation) is greyed out as a user can not edit this post or related translation as it was created by other user. Test under user with ‘edit_others_posts’ capability.