Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Other Roles addon does not work on Administrator role. Reply To: Other Roles addon does not work on Administrator role.

tanner
Participant

I currently have a work around by creating an admin User Role that has a replica of the administrator role permissions so that I can modify the Other Roles Addon permissions for admin. This applies the latest information you explained, that users with edit_users capability that is not the administrator cannot see the administrator assignment or list by default.

What I’m not sure about is, when a new plugin is added that should provide the administrator more custom capabilities, do plugins usually provide capabilities to any role with specific capabilities or do they usually provide permissions to the specific administrator role? Without this understanding, I don’t know how effective the work around is and how much future maintenance I will have to deal with if the client decides to add new plugins.

Can you clarify your statement “as such user is a superadmin there.” Not exactly sure what that means.