Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ How to disable the Text Editor? – just Visuell Editor should be displayed Reply To: How to disable the Text Editor? – just Visuell Editor should be displayed

kstockl
Participant

Ah, I see… if I want take control for different Roles I have just to paste the Code in the Theme functions.php. Within this I´m able to to select different User Roles to be able to have the HTML Editor for advanced Article crating while normal Users are only able to use the Visual Editor.
Great Advice 🙂

Vladimir, may I suggest to you to maybe include this Feature function in one of your next Plugins Update? So that this special Editor Functions could enabled/disabled by default within User Roles Editor Plugin without the need of edit the Theme Functions.php?

1.) So it would not be effected when Theme updates overwrite the changed settings.
2.) It would be in my opinion a great feature addon too to control which of the Users are able to have full control of the HTML Editor. Some of the Users couldn´t break any Site anymore with wrong HTML Codes.
3.) Admins would have less headache 😉