I understand what your saying.

In terms of the redirects, the htaccess already rewrites it all. I already get 93 and under 3 sec load on oranamodels.

I did find a difference with my old site that fixes it thou. I turned on the option in domain mapping, that redirects all admin pages back to the original domain instead of using the mapped domain.

Setting this for me is a much better solution.

It may not be a widespread issue right now, but I think as more people start using dev and staging sites for workflow it will become more of an issue in future.

Thanks for the help in finding the issue. I can now continue with getting customers access.