Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Best Approach to Creating Custom Roles on WordPress Multisite Installation Reply To: Best Approach to Creating Custom Roles on WordPress Multisite Installation

Vladimir
Keymaster

Hi,

The best way to replicate all roles from the main site to all subsites of the network is to click “Update Network” button at User Role Editor opened under “Network Admin – Users”.

When you click “Update Network” you should see popup window like this
https://storage.googleapis.com/role-editor/downloads/support/update-network-widgets-access.png
There is an option there to copy widgets access restrictions from main site to all others with roles together. Does it work as expected?

I confirm that menu access data is not copied currently. Export/Import data include only roles itself without extra data, like menu, widgets, etc. permissions for that role.
Initially, as different sites may have different plugins and themes set I did not think that such feature will be requested by users. But I see now, that it may be useful for someone. Your report is not the 1st.

I plan to add these features to one of the future updates: replicating and export/import all User Role Editor saved data, not roles only.