Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    centroil
    Participant

Hi,
    I ask for help to solve an understanding problem.
    Is it possible to assign the Woocommerce products management to a “shop manager” role by disabling access to the entire “Settings” section of Woocommerce (general, products, shipments, payments..)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

You may revoke ‘manage_woocommerce’ capability from ‘shop_manager’ role. Shop manager will lost access to WooCommerce settings page.

Btw., WooCommerce restores its user roles on every activation. I can not exclude that revoked capability will be appear at the WooCommerce built-in role again with time. It’s better to create a copy of Shop Manager role and modify it to be sure.

centroil
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,
    thanks for the information, now I am more serene.
    Maybe you can imagine why when I log in as a shop manager, having disabled “manage_woocommerce”, I am redirected to “my_account” and I don’t have access to the wordpress dashboard !?

I try to ask such a question because it is like looking for a needle in a haystack to find what I have disabled perhaps by mistake 😀

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s known WooCommerce behavior. Add manually ‘view_admin_dashboard’ capability and grant it to a role in order to have access to wp-admin without having ‘manage_woocommerce’. More details here.

centroil
    Participant

Thanks so much Vladmir,
    as I wish.

Michele

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.